The Issues and The Facts
- Less than 7% of all K-12 teachers in the United States are men of color
- There is a high need for cultural synchronicity with students
- Male teacher shortages and pipelines: the challenge of recruiting men of color in the classroom
- 44% of all elementary students in the US are people of color
- Retention and turnover: Why men of color don't stay in the classroom
Join us for a town hall discussion on The 7%: Men of Color in K-12 Education. Listen to our distinguished panel discuss their experience as men of color in this space, how they got to be where they are, and what they are doing to build a pipeline of young men of color in education.
Space is limited and is available on a first come first serve basis.